Thursday, March 8, 2007

Piston's Hunter pins suspension on wife's diet pills


Detroit Piston guard Lindsey Hunter was suspended 10 games by the NBA for testing positive for the banned weight-loss substance Phentermine. "We do that at our house -- if I've got a head cold, I might grab one of her pills," he said. "It was just a bonehead mistake on my part."



OK, Lindsey, right. That's what I do with my wife. Whenever we get home with our scripts, we immediately dump them all in one bottle labled "Cold Medicine". I don't know which is more fantastic, Hunter grabbing random pills and blaming his wife or the fact that he's lasted 13 years in the league.



So what do we take away from this incident? First, if your work involves any kind of random drug testing, don't go around grabbing random pills from your wife. Second, in order to be a pro athlete, you do not have to be as smart as the rest of us.

1 comment:

Author said...

No kidding. If you screw up, just admit up to it.