Thursday, February 1, 2007

Should Gun Toten Tank Be in the Super Bowl?


"It all stems from the violence on TV and in the music."

"I don't like violence in this world, I can't stand it."

"A lot of people are out here just to get people, just to hurt people."

"I'm young, I'm black, I've got tattoos," Williams said. "So it's easy to stereotype me and put me into a category. I've learned a lot about people. And when you learn about people, you know to stay away from them."


These are all quotes coming from Chicao Bears Lineman Tank Johnson talking about his recent home invasion and arrest. Quotes coming from a man that that has been arrested 3 times in the last 8 months, not counting the upwards of 20 disturbance calls to his home.

"It all stems from the violence on TV and in the music." - or in this case, growing up trying to be like your favorite football star who totes a gun and smokes dope. But he is just a victim of profiling right? A man with a bad rep that had his house invaded wrongfully by the cops. Yea, and they just got lucky when they found 550 rounds of ammo, six guns, and weed.

"I don't like violence in this world, I can't stand it." -This is coming from a guy that told a cop that was trying to give his limmo driver a ticket,"You ain't the only one with a Glock. If it wasn't for your gun and your badge, I'd kick your ass." Oh, I forgot you can't stand violence.

"I'm young, I'm black, I've got tattoos," Williams said. "So it's easy to stereotype me and put me into a category. I've learned a lot about people. And when you learn about people, you know to stay away from them."- Give me a break. It doesnt matter if it was an eighty year old white WWII Veteran, if they had a record like his, and had done the same things he has done, they would have busted the Vet just like they did Tank. I would feel sorry for the guy if he had a clean record. But thats not the case.

After all he has done, not only does he get to continue to play, he gets to play in the greatest football game of them all.Every player in the NFL dreams of one day getting to play in the Super Bowl, and many of the NFL's greatest players, never even get a chance.

So do you think he should be allowed to play in the greatest sporting event in the world? Do you think the Bears decision to let him continue to play during his probation is right? Should the judge have let him be able to travel to Miami with no restrictions?

Ian O'Connor said it best,

Wonderful. Just perfect. Tank's really going to learn from his mistakes now that he's been forbidden to party anywhere but South Beach.

He should'nt be allowed to play in the Super Bowl. Period. I don't think that someone that is blessed with that much talent and money should be granted any more breaks than anyone else. Tank is a professional athlete and should start acting like a professional.

I guess you can take the gangsta out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the gangsta.

No comments: