Monday, March 5, 2007

Pharmacists Involved In Steroid Scandal Plead Not Guilty


Last Tuesday, police raided Signature Pharmacy pharmacy in Orlando Florida and confiscated several truckloads of prescription medication and arrested its owners and licensed pharmacist Robert Stanley Loomis and wife Naomi along with Robert Loomis' brother, pharmacist Kenneth Michael Loomis, and Kirk Calvert, Signature's marketing directors. They were charged with criminal diversion of prescription medications and prescriptions, criminal sale of a controlled substance and insurance fraud. All have plead not guilty to the charges and are on bail for $30,000.

According to Fox Sports,
Albany County District Attorney P. David Soares, who ran the investigation, said Signature filled prescriptions, in some cases from unlicensed doctors, knowing they had not met patients. His office said at least $250,000 in illegal and controlled substances were sold directly into Albany County, and New York State sales exceeded $10 million.


During the raid, a customer list was aquired and showed the name of Pittsburgh Steelers Doctor Richard Rydze. Apparenlty Rydze has a huge testosterone problem, because he used his personal credit card to purchase 150,000 dollars worth of human growth hormone as well as testosterone. I wonder where that went.

Some other names found on similar lists include Jose Canseco, Evander Holyfield, Gary Matthews Jr., and Jerry Hairston Jr. What I think is hilarious is that if these guys aren't guilty, why don't they come out and defend themselves. If someone was dragging my name through the mud, I would be adamantly denying any association with these guys.

I have to give props to Evander for being the only one to come and and straight up deny involvement. Holyfield said,
I do not use steroids, I have never used steroids. I resent that my name has been linked to known steroid users by sources who refuse to be identified in order to generate publicity for their investigation. I’m disappointed that certain members of the media fell for this ploy and chose to use my name in headlines and publish my photo alongside stories in today’s newspaper about an investigation into a practice that has nothing to do with me or what I stand for.


I am glad Evanders name did not come up on the list after he has played the Christian card. But it does look a little suspicious when there is a name (Evan Fields) with the exact same birthday, the address 794 Evander, Fairfield, Ga., and Holyfield answers when a reporter from Sports Illustrated calls the number listed on the documents found.
The picture of Carrot Top really has nothing to do with any of this, I just thought it was pretty damn funny.

1 comment:

Ken said...

Screw the article, Carrot Top is BAD......




.....but that still doesn't make him funny.